Last Modified: June 22, 2023
Users Under Age 18
The Website, the Interface and the Protocol are only intended for adults eighteen (18) years of age and older. You are not allowed to use the Website, the Interface, or the Protocol or provide information on any of the aforementioned if you are under eighteen (18) years of age.
The Protocol is not directed at children under age thirteen (13), and therefore if the Company receives any information about a child under thirteen (13), the Company will assume that such information is being given with parental consent. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under thirteen (13) without parental consent, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You
We may at our election collect several types of personal information from and about users of the Website depending on how they are using the Website and Interface, including, but not limited to:
- name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Information about bank accounts and cryptocurrency wallet addresses;
- Information to undertake a Know Your Customer (KYC) & Anti-money Laundering (AML) check;
- Any other information voluntarily provided on the Website in the ordinary course of the continuation of the relationship; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, data associated with usage of Google Analytics and Website usage details, as well as information you may provide to us.
How We Collect Information From You
We collect information from you in two ways:
- First, we may collect information directly from you when you provide it to us, such as your Ethereum address when you interact with the Interface, or entering personal information into the Website or Interface to create an account through a series of questions provided to you.
- Second, we may collect generic information about your usage and equipment automatically as you navigate through the Website and Interface, such as usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or device. However, if you select this setting, certain functionalities may not be possible through our Interface.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you access the Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your device manufacturer.
- Your service provider.
When you use the Interface, certain third parties may use automatic information technologies to collect information about your on-chain activities. These third parties may include:
- Blockchain explorers.
- Decentralized infrastructure providers.
- Your Web3 Service.
- Any DAO or other entity that controls, interacts with, or provides services related to the AORI Protocol.
- Any other party with access to the underlying blockchain.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website or the Interface. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly.
Important Note About Public Blockchains
Information stored on a blockchain may be public, immutable, and not easily removed or deleted. Your transactions and addresses may reveal information about you, and information can potentially be correlated now or in the future by any party who chooses to do so, including law enforcement. We do not control how other parties may use this information and cannot provide you any protection related to such information. Use the Website and the Interface at your own risk.
Why We Need Your Data
From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply us with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of facilities or provision of services or in compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information:
- To continue the daily operation of the services and facilities provided to users of the Website and the Interface.
- To meet the requirements to make disclosures under the requirements of any law binding on the Website, Interface, or Protocol under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which any of the foregoing is expected to comply.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- To notify you about changes to the Website, Interface, Protocol or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
The legal basis for processing your personal data is that it’s necessary:
- For the performance of the Website, the Interface, and any associated interaction with the Protocol; and
- Because you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for these specific purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information with Third Parties
Any personal information you provide will be held securely and processed in accordance with data protection and other relevant legislation. We may share your personal information with our business partners and service providers, but only to the extent that they each need to know specific information to continue to provide access to the Website, Interface or the Protocol or services to you. This includes:
- Our contractors, employees, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business and improve the Website and Interface;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger or reorganization if the personal information of our users is part of the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others; or
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, which means information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. As an example, we may include in our marketing materials that a certain percentage of our users are female, but we won’t share a list of all female users in these materials.
- We will not sell, rent, or lease your data to third parties.
Your Rights to Protect Data
We would like to ensure that you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right of access - you can request a copy of your personal data, and other information related to our processing.
- The right to rectification - you have a right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate, including to ensure it is complete or up to date.
- The right to stop or restrict processing - you have the right to request that we cease the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
There are exemptions from giving you the persona data you have requested where it concerns:
- Crime, and
- Monitoring, inspection or regulatory functions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. For example, access by a user to his or her personal information is available through a unique customer ID and password selected by the user that should be regularly updated. This information is encrypted through the Protocol with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Website and all servers and computers used by us to support the Interface. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If made available, where you have chosen a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and be careful about giving out information to other users of the Website if requested.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted using the Interface. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or based upon your use of the Interface.
Third Party Links
The Protocol may contain links that lead to other websites, and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Website and the Interface and welcome any feedback about these external websites.
We are committed to respect and protect your privacy to the greatest extent possible. When we process your information we will comply with the law, including data protection legislation. Should you feel that your data is processed in breach of data protection law or other legislation, you can report your concern to us by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.